Conference Center Set Up
Responsible for assisting the Conference Center Manager and/or the Conference Center Supervisor in the setup of banquet facilities to meet the missions of guest satisfaction, property appearance and employee support established by Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center. The focus of this job centers around producing timely results that are high quality and accurate. Benefiting from an analytical, inquiring and critical mind, this job requires imagination and strong problem solving skills, but with a strong technical orientation. The job requires an ability to deal with abstract concepts, systems and ideas and all of that in an organized and self-disciplined way. It also requires that serious consideration be given to all possibly related facts and potential problems. This job demands deep knowledge and expertise and to do it successfully depends on understanding detailed information. Intellectual confidence is important in this job and to do it well requires close, hands-on involvement, careful follow-up and very disciplined, and limited, delegation.
This position is closely supervised by the Conference Center Manager and/or Conference Center Supervisor.
- Greet guests and staff in a friendly, welcoming manner and provide assistance when possible and as requested. Coordinate through staff and management if unable to resolve alone.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining conference rooms and surrounding public areas including carpets, windows, walls, garbage cans, portable bars, tables, chairs, and equipment after each function and when not in use.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining back of the house areas including the kitchen, back hall, banquet storage areas, a/v storage areas after each function and when not in use.
- Knowledgeable on the operation of all kitchen equipment and appliances as well as upkeep and cleanliness. Report on any discrepancies to maintenance for repair if needed.
- Responsible for reading and interpreting Banquet Event Orders to properly set up conference rooms for events, including in-house breaks and audio/visual.
- Assist caterers to ensure food and beverage is set up on time and is presented in a tasteful manner.
- Knowledgeable on the operation of all audio/visual equipment owned by the hotel.
- Maintain the security of the conference rooms to assure the assets of the hotel and guests are protected.
- Set up conference rooms as specified by the Banquet Event Orders to include proper table chair placement, linens, pad, pen, mint, water glass, water station, break tables, etc.
- Vacuum carpets, clean window, dust blinds, replace burned out light bulbs, and assure each conference room meets proper cleanliness and
- Assist clients with specific needs prior to the start of their event.
- Clean kitchen floors, counters, tables, walls, and equipment and remove trash as needed.
- Clean the back hall and floors as needed.
- Stack chairs and tables appropriately along with any other equipment and supplies kept in storage.
- Assists with conference center bars with setting up beer tubs and bar backing.
- Attend and participate in all property or department meetings as requested.
- Responsible for proper use of the time clock at the beginning and end of the shift as well as required lunch break
- Coordinate and/or assist other departments to meet a guest request
- Perform special projects based on capabilities and knowledge
- Have knowledge of all hotel emergency procedures, especially fire prevention and emergency procedures and be able to train staff in these areas
- Be familiar with the handling and use of all chemicals and equipment used to carry out the tasks of this position and use protective equipment provided. Be able to train staff.
- Report on accidents, injuries, near misses and property damage to supervisor
- Read and follow the rules and procedures provided in the employee handbook
Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to operate commercial dish machine, vacuum, carpet cleaner and similar commercial equipment used to maintain the hotel
- Be familiar with or capable of learning the computer systems and electronic machines used to carry out the tasks of this position
Benefits of working at Stoney Creek Hotels
- Paid Onboarding
- Paid Training
- 401k plan with Safe Harbor Match
eligible for the first open enrollment after 90 days
- Paid Holidays for holidays worked (double time!)
- Hotel room discounts
- Opportunities for career progression
- A thriving culture that provides genuine hospitality
- The ability to own and empower your work
- Join a great team of like-minded individuals who work hard and smart at the same time
If you are a full-time employee, you will also receive these benefits in addition to the amazing benefits above:
- Health and Dental through Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield and Vision through Avesis anywhere from a single to a family policy
eligible the first of the month following 60 days of employment
- Paid vacation and sick leave